- Fitbit Low Heart Rate ECGs aren't typically a cause for concern if there's a simple explanation, like if you're sleeping, frequently exercising, or unusually relaxed.
- If you're not able to find a simple explanation for your heart rate being lower than normal, though, it can be a sign of an infection or abnormal heart rhythm.
- If you're experiencing symptoms with your Inconclusive: Low Heart Rate ECGs, contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible to rule out underlying heart conditions.
Got other questions on your Fitbit Watch? See the complete set of Qaly guides on the Fitbit Watch:
- What Inconclusive Means on Your Fitbit ECG
- What High Heart Rate Means on Your Fitbit ECG
- How to Export Your ECG from Fitbit
- How to Read an ECG: Stanford Cardiologist Explains
- The Ultimate Cardiologist's Guide to the Smartwatch ECG
Along with the High Heart Rate Fitbit ECG result and the Inconclusive Fitbit ECG result, the Low Heart Rate Fitbit ECG result is one of the most confusing experiences when monitoring your heart health. In your frustration, you might be wondering, "What does Inconclusive: Low Heart Rate mean on my Fitbit ECG?" Or you might be thinking, "Why does my Fitbit ECG keep saying Inconclusive: Low Heart Rate?" In this guide, we'll help answer these questions and provide clarity on when a Fitbit Low Heart Rate ECG may be a cause for concern. Let's dive in.
What Does Low Heart Rate Mean on My Fitbit ECG?
Your Fitbit ECG provides the following interpretations: Normal Sinus Rhythm, Atrial Fibrillation, or Inconclusive. If your heart rate is below 50 beats-per-minute (bpm), your Fitbit Watch isn't able to interpret your ECG as Normal Sinus Rhythm or Atrial Fibrillation, so it labels it as "Inconclusive: Low Heart Rate." If your heart rate is above 120 bpm, it labels it as "Inconclusive: High Heart Rate." If you're getting Low Heart Rate ECGs on your Fitbit Watch, it could be because of:
- Medication that slows your heart down slightly.
- Being more relaxed than normal.
- Being in great physical shape. A lower-than-normal heart rate is often expected in athletes.
- Sleep, which naturally lowers your heart rate. 😴
Is Low Heart Rate a Cause for Concern?
If your Fitbit ECG app shows "Inconclusive: Low Heart Rate" for a heart rate between 40 bpm and 50 bpm, there's usually no cause for concern. However, a Low Heart Rate ECG on your Fitbit Watch may indicate that not enough blood is being pumped out to the rest of your body, which could be a sign of:
- Sinus Bradycardia.
- Damage from a previous heart attack.
- An electrolyte imbalance.
- Obstructive sleep apnea.
- An overdose of medication.
- Not enough potassium or calcium in your blood.
As always, if you're experiencing symptoms, or if you see signs of abnormal heart rhythms on your watch ECG, contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible to rule out underlying heart conditions. Here are some symptoms to look out for:
- Chest pain.
- Confusion or trouble remembering things.
- Dizziness or lightheadedness.
- Fatigue or being more tired than usual.
- A sensation that you're about to faint.
- Trouble catching your breath.
- Heart palpitations or irregular heartbeats.
Well, that just about wraps up our guide on what an Inconclusive: Low Heart Rate ECG means on your Fitbit Watch. We hope this could be of some help to you.
If you're still getting Low Heart Rate ECGs or if you need help interpreting your Low Heart Rate ECGs, don't worry, we understand how scary and confusing it can be to experience them. That's why we created the Qaly app for you and for the hundreds of millions of people around the world who experience irregular heartbeats and abnormal heart rhythms. On the Qaly app, human experts will interpret your Low Heart Rate ECGs within minutes for clarity and peace of mind.
To get started with the Qaly app for free, grab the Qaly app from the App Store or Play Store today. If you have any more questions, or if you need our help in any other way, don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always from the team at Qaly, stay heart healthy ❤️